Saturday, April 4, 2009

My New Favorite Set


Okay, I haven't had that much time to play with Trendy Trees yet, but I'm totally loving it. This card in particular makes me smile, especially because I realized that VersaMagic Aquatic Splash ink is almost a perfect match for PTI's aqua cardstock. Love that!

Simplicity Tip: For two-step stamps, make permanent positioner sheets for your stamp positioner using left-over transparencies from clear stamp packaging and StazOn ink. Store the sheets in the box with the stamps. You save yourself lots of time and heartache this way. (BTW, just passing this tip along from someplace on SCS...I'm nowhere near clever enough to think of this on my own ;-)

Supplies: PTI white and aqua cardstock; versamagic aquatic splash and sahara sand ink; SU Trendy Trees and Paper Salon stitch set; SEI button; craft floss; dimensionals, glue dot

14 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about getting this set too. I love trees and it is very cute.
    Very pretty layout and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love how the tree layers are different sizes, I wouldn't have thought to do that. The stitching stamp is perfect, and I love the button. The whole thing is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :)
    I've only just found your blog and I LOVE your simple style.
    We have just got our brand new catalogue here in Australia and this stamp set instantly went on my wishlist!
    Can't wait to see what else you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Susan! I love the little button and the stitched lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card....great images and stamped so simply. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card, Susan! I adore this set too. And I love that tip - will pass it along.... Have a good one, Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little set--may have to break down and buy it. And don't you just love it when products from different companies coordinate so well? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love the quiet simplicity of this. Just looking on this card calms my soul and makes me think on spring's new birth and energy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan,
    What a cute stamp set. Adorable card! Great to see you blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted you to know... I fell in love with your blog and CAS stamping style! Saw you went to WSU. I call Wichita, KS home myself. My younger son went to WSU his freshman year in fact.
    I've got to know how you achieved the double dotted line. Is that a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable .... the colours are so calming, soft and clean. I love the 'stitching' too - just another perfect card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, how many times do you think I could type the word love, love, love, love.... because I love this card!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn (stampinscotsgirl)April 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM

    I love this one Susan!! Thanks for the tip about the permanent positioners. I have a ton of transparencies that I keep from my acrylic stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Blog and really neat card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!