Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tea Leaves

I love tea pots, so I had to get PTI's Tea for Two set when it came out. Here are a couple of my first cards with this set. I noticed the leaves on the one tea pot match the leaves in the Beautiful Blooms set, so I used it to accent the pot.



The first card uses a rock-and-roll technique. I inked the whole image with lime versamagic ink, then rolled fresh green on the edges. The sentiment uses a combination of fresh green and bark, and the leafy background in the corner opposite the sentiment is fresh green.



The second card uses just lime ink and bark for the sentiment. No rock and roll here. I stamped the leaves twice at a diagonal to create some movement, and put the sentiment for this one on the same panel as the tea pot.

I like them both equally but would love to hear if you have a favorite between the two...and why.

Supplies
stamps: PTI Tea for Two, Beautiful Blooms
cardstock: PTI white
ink: versamagic lime, fresh green, bark
accessories: dimensionals

14 comments:

  1. These are so fresh and gorgeous, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so crisp and clean! I prefer the second one--I like the shade of green and the extra leaves you stamped on the bg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE are these!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the background leaves..it looks wonderful with the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stamp Susan, I can see lots of uses for it! and I love what you have done with both cards.

    My fav would be the design of the second and the colour of the first, particularly the depth of colour you got with the rock & roll tech on the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I like the first one because of the variation in the color - gives it more depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Susan!

    I forgot to say which one I like best...they are both awesome but if I had to pick one I would pick the first one because I like the two tone tea pot and the shade of green used for the leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love tea pots too. They are both great, but I think if I had to pick one, I can't! I love the different tones of ink on the top one and the additional leaves on the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both beautiful, but I prefer the first one because of the depth of color the rock and roll technique gives it. It really suits the curve of a teapot to have the center of it highlighted like that. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I like the first one because I like colors that coordinate rather than match all the time. This set has been on my PTI wishlist, and you just kicked it up a couple places, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh...these are fabulous. I like the second card, the white panel on the white cardbase is a subtle touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them both! If I had to choose, I would pick the second one because of the extra layer and the second set of leaves, but I do love the rock and rolled teapot...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm...I like the both, too, but I think I like the deeper green on the first one! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my favorite...both!! :-) These are amazing!! This set is definately on my wish list and you make me want to order it right away!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!