Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Make Your Own Happiness



I was feeling particularly minimalist when I made this card with just two stamps from Hero Arts. It's totally flat, not an embellishment to be seen, not even a half bead or pearl or rhinestone. The card is standard, PTI white base and I didn't even round the corners. There's absolutely nothing "special" about it. So why do I love it so much?

Three reasons. One: it's simple and clean. (Bet you did NOT see that coming!) Two: the branch flows across the card to the sentiment gracefully. Three: the sentiment makes me smile because I truly believe that doing what you love is the greatest source of happiness. Happiness ought to be a verb.

I challenge you to make your own happiness today. Then, share that happiness with someone else. Because happiness is like love: the more you give it away, the more you have.

And speaking of giving away, don't forget to enter the PTI set give-away here. The deadline is Friday at 9:00 PM EDST.

BABY UPDATE: Little Grady is doing well, though occasionally the doctors have to give him a little extra oxygen. Tomorrow, I'll have more photos up on my Questioning blog (see sidebar for link). My sister is also doing well and wanted me to tell you all how appreciative she is of your prayers and good wishes. She feels a peace about the whole experience that isn't normal for her...she'd usually be freaking out! She credits everyone's prayers for her unusual calm. Thank you.

17 comments:

  1. Susan, this is so lovely! It is really perfect...love the branch across the card and into the sentiment, and it is a wonderful sentiment! Have a happy day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I instantly "oooohhhhed" when I saw this card. Love the soft wave of the brance across that corner toward the sentiment!! Perfect simplicity!!

    Glad to hear that Grady and your sister are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that Grady and your Sis are doing well! Your card is PERFECT! So calm and peaceful...LOVE the stamps you used!! Thanks for sharing what makes you happy with us cause it makes up happy too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I can't believe what a lovely, perfect card you came up with, with just two stamps. Doesn't need a bit of embellishment; it's peaceful, calm, perfect, all on its own. Just makes you "Ahhhhhhh...."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely - very graceful!!

    Glad that Grady and your sister are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an extreme CAS card. I relly like it.
    Glad Grady and your sister are feeling calm. I pray for their continued recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This ferny branch is beautiful, and your placement of the sentiment in relation to it is just perfect!

    So glad Grady and your sister are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty, calm card. Glad your sister and nephew continue to do so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that mother and baby are doing well. Lovely card by the way. I think cards with leaves/foliage are always wonderful, there's just something about them that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. susan, this card is the BEST. calming, peaceful, refreshing, inspiring. beautiful! cookie said it perfectly....thanks for sharing with us what makes you happy. it makes us happy too!
    marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan,
    I love all your cards but this one is extra special!! if you lived in NY I'd invite you over to stamp with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the way the branch softly curves is beautiful. It is positioned perfectly. So glad to hear Grady is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favorite kinds of cards and yours is PERFECT! Similar to one you might see at a card store, but so much better.
    I was reading about your nephew and his health. I delivered a baby at 32 weeks. I, too, had the steroid for lung development and it worked wonders. He weighed 3 lbs. 6 oz. and never had any breathing issues. His stay in the NICU was about one month (but he was much smaller than your nephew) and now is a healthy and strong soon-to-be ten year old. Tell your sister that the NICU staff is supportive and very knowledgeable. I should know, three of my four children were on the "extended stay plan" in the NICU, all for various reasons. We send them a holiday card every year, too. They love it! Best wishes to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply perfect! Glad to here that Grady and your sister are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW what a card I agree with everything everyone has said.
    Great news on the baby front too; so pleased things are going well, all good whishes to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this simple, but elegant, and totally perfect card, makes me happy, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is simple, beautiful, and perfect, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!