Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Using Twinkling Paper in a CAS Layout: Part Two

Today's cards are a variation on yesterday's use of squares punched from shimmery paper colored with Twinkling H2Os. I used a slightly larger punch (1" rather than 3/4") and six squares rather than three. Each square was stamped with small images appropriate to the color scheme.

For the blue and lavender paper, I used Hero Arts snowflakes and sentiment stamped in Memories soft silver ink. The ink dried very quickly on the shimmery paper, too. I alternated blue and lavender squares to add interest here.


The red and gold paper became a fall card on a PTI vintage cream base. The leaves (Hero Arts) and sentiment (Mark's Finest Papers) were stamped in Palette dark chocolate, and as above, I alternated the colors.


I can't decide if I should have put the Happy Autumn sentiment in the center or not. I rather like it justified right with the edge of the squares. Perhaps I need to put a couple of brown pearls beside the upper left square to balance it, or perhaps the asymmetry works well enough alone. Indecision may or may not be my problem, but I usually err on the side of CAS in cases like this.

I do know that the Merry Christmas sentiment--with all the letters in caps--looks MUCH  better in the center.

Tomorrow's Twinkling card will be something completely different from yesterday's and today's cards. Not a punch in evidence, LOL!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely cards; I really like the 6 squares. I think I like the autumn sentiment justified right. Your colors are so well chosen. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous both and in my opinion you were right to go for CAS with the Autumn card, it's perfect as is, you don't need to change or add a thing :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should leave them as they are - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, lovely cards! The colors are so pretty. I think "Happy Autumn" belongs to the right, as you've placed it. It just gives a little more interest, instead of everything being perfectly centered. BUT having said that, I can totally see that "MERRY CHRISTMAS" should NOT be off to the right. Now why is that? The colors for your cards are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a right justified gal myself so I like it just the way it is ... no balancing needed in my opinion!! :-) Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're both so pretty, Susan...and I love the sentiments as they are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! Love them both! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards. No need for further embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh - the Christmas one has me sighing - and yearning to own it. The colours are so soft and so perfect, and so totally in my favourite colour scheme.

    A silly question - did you stamp the snowflakes before you punched or afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I labeled yesterday's cards as perfection, but now you have posted these beautiful ones. Once again, absolutely my kind of card. They're stunning in their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, even though the shimmer can't quite be captured! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see your post in my email-I thought I had deleted you by mistake yesterday!

    I like the snowflake card but love the leaves-so prety.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I really LOVE those cards - especially the Christmas one. And the sentiment placements on both are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the autumn sentiment is just perfect to the right. Great colors and designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think both cards are perfect! I have a square punch and I never know what to do with it and a smaller one! I end up using the big one to cut out blocky sentiments. LOL So now that I have some inspirtation on using it, how do you get them lined up perfectly on your card?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stuff - TFS. I can be flying thru my subscriptions in Google Reader and KNOW I've hit upon one of your posts when I find myself coming to a screeching halt, LOL! I totally agree w the use of the sentiments too ... the Christmas one's proportioned larger and just WORKS centered, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!