Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Muse Chatter and a Couple of Cards

Conversation in my head last night as I crawled into bed:

Me: Darn! I forgot to post a card on Simplicity! How could I do that?

Me: You got too wrapped up writing your essay for Questioning. You could go back downstairs, boot up your computer, and create a post, if you wanted to.

Me: Zzzzzzzzz.


Sometimes, Z happens.

Anyway, it was my intention to share a bit more chatter about A Muse along with two simple cards using their stamps. So here you go.

Before my order arrived, I watched a video tutorial on Mary Dawn's blog about A Muse stamps. In it, she showed how she keeps the extra rubber for storing the stamps so she will know immediately if one is missing. This seems absolutely, totally brilliant, so I'm doing that. Plus, the cases can hold post-it masks for images so you don't have to make a new one each time!


Here are a few more simple cards using the A Muse Keep Swimming set. I colored the whale with Copic and Bic markers, cut it out, popped it up, and accented it with the bling.


Same concept with this card, except that adorable killer whale (the main reason I bought this set) doesn't need to be colored. Oh how I love simple!


Supplies
stamps: A Muse
ink: Memento
paper: white, SU bashful blue
accessories: rhinestones, Bic and Copic markers, dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. I love these! The oceans of blue (did you see what I did there?!) and the rhinestones are perfect with the sealife creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS - bet you had a whale of a time (sorry, pun INTENDED!!!) making these!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so much fun! And you coloured, and used a coloured base, wow. ;) The bling is too perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stuff and great idea from Mary Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE!! Perfect way to showcase the images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! ZZZZZ happens to me a lot lately!
    I always keep my SU stamps like this too...not sure if AMuse stamps have the paper peel-off backing? I peel off the entire backing off the entire piece of rubber and stick it down in the box. That way the pieces stay put and down't slide around (usually) if I put them back in their little "puzzle" area....cuz that's what they remind me of, puzzle pieces.
    Also, SU sells some of their larger sets in two boxes, but I have been able to get them all in one box (put them on both sides) and just slide the image & title page (it just slides in & out of the front of the case) into the back of the case. Hope that totally makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these (and storing my masks with the set). That whale is one of my all-time favorites and the new set is at the top of my A Muse Studio shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable! lol...I got my catty from Mary Dawn, and a friend has already borrowed it for the week!!! Can't wait to send an order in. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops i have become a zzzzz just lately sooooo tired not good love all your cards they are brilliant not tried these stamps yet but keep hearing alot about them and they are the same storage as unmounted Su which i find perfect you can even keep extra toppers ready to use in the box luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!