Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Simplicity Is Easy Sometimes

In case you hadn't noticed, the name of this blog is Simplicity. Simplicity means...well, it means keeping cardmaking clean and crisp in a back-to-basics, ya-don't-need-much-to-look-good sort of way.

Some stamps lend themselves to pure simplicity. Others take a little more imagination to get there. Two recent releases from Papertrey definitely fall in the first category. These are Harvest Berries and Beautiful Blessings. The ginko branches in Harvest Berries have a fabulous shape and several sizes, and the font of the sentiments and verses in Beautiful Blessings couldn't be cleaner, simpler.

Put the two sets together, and cards practically make themselves.

See what I mean?


That sentiment is my new mantra. "In every ordinary day there are a thousand miracles." Indeed.

And why not do the same with a Bible verse from the set?


And what if your verse is a bit larger? Just use the big ginko branch. It works.



A lot of the time, making a simple card isn't simple and definitely isn't easy. But this time, it's a walk in the ginko park.

Thank you, Papertrey, for such wonderful stamps!

What are your EASY stamps to work with?
Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: Memento New Sprout, Rich Cocoa
paper: PTI
accessories: not a blessed one

10 comments:

  1. Wow, simple and beautiful. And not a "blessed" accessory -- too funny! When I decide I have an easy stamp to work with, I'll let you know. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Alas, nothing is easy for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not wrong about those two sets meaning cards make themselves - fabulous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, in your hands, those cards practically make themselves. Beautifully! Not so easily for all of us. We still need you for inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. I have a PTI order winging its way to me. I wish I would have included that sentiment set - I had it on the order but I had to delete some of things and that one got deleted. Next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely cards! I can't believe how versatile those two sets are for making cards say just exactly what you want them to say. These are just gorgeous. I think any possible "easy" stamp set I have would be Garden Silhouettes from SU. I don't care what sentiment you put with any of those stamps, or what colors you use, it always looks good. That stamp set (and probably Pocket Silhouettes too) is one I'm always thankful I bought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the combination of these two sets Susan! I'm in love with both sets too. Another of my favorite "easy" stamps to work with is Fancy Flourishes, Mehndi Medallion and Dot Spot (but you already know how great those are).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful way to use those gorgeous gingko leaves! My easiest stamps to work with are line art flower stamps that I can colour in - if I have to make a quick card, I always pick one of them (and I have lots!!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, Ginko leaves are so beautiful I think even without the sentiments they would make a fabulous card but the sentiments work really well too, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!