Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Papercrafts Sketch Meets Modern Basics

My new issue of Papercrafts Magazine arrived  last week, and I just had to try this layout with Modern Basics. So fun to step out and try something a bit different!

Well, just a bit.



To make my colored strips, I masked half the small leaf border stamp to ink it up, then staggered the image as shown to get the look of the sketch. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Simple Little Things (the anniversary set from their first year, I think). LOVE those sentiments!



Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Modern Basics, Simple Little Things
ink: Memento
paper: PTI
accessories: Corner Chomper, dimensionals

10 comments:

  1. oh this is absolutely gorgeous..the color scheme is just perfect ...i love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!!! I like all those bright colours together. I too have been playing with this set. So many possibilities! And yes, Simple Little Things was PTI's first anniversary set and it is such a great sentiment set - perfect size!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty! Love that you used so many different colors. What happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. I'm just stopping by random blogs today and checking them out. Also wishing you folk's a healthy and happy new years. Richard from an Amish community in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy little card, love what you have done, particularly the little butterflies. That set is full of endless possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colors are so cheerful and bright - perfect for birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you are making with this set. I haven't played with my set nearly enough, and that is just what I have to do...play with it. I'm sure I'll be inspired by your creations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this stamp set the moment I saw it at PTI. Thank you for demonstrating how versatile it is. I have concluded it is a must have for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colorful version. I was lucky to have my butterfly card (with this same sketch) featured in this issue!Beautifully done, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice card! I like the brightly colored rows of leaves, as well as the butterflies. Such a pretty, bright and cheerful birthday greeting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!