Friday, August 3, 2012

Color, Color Everywhere

Today's card uses PTI's Modern Basics set (love it!) and a very simple layout to showcase a fun color combination that I found (of course) in 1,000 Bags, Tags and Labels. The Memento ink colors are grape jelly, cantaloupe, tangelo, and Morocco. This color combo works because you have three shades of orange combined with a very unexpected color...surprise!




I tried to stamp these four stylized petals on a one-layer card and of course stamped the fourth one crooked. Grrr. So I cut out all four petals and stuck them on a card base with dimensionals and using tweezers to get the spacing right. Much easier, and the added dimension is nice.

What is the wackiest color combo you've ever loved?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Modern Basics
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: dimensionals, CutterBee scissors

8 comments:

  1. Great design work. I'm taking a class in card design and some of it is difficult for my old brain to understand. Orange, for me, is a difficult color to use but I have really found some wonderful combos for it - Raspberry, Teal, Ripe Avocado, Blush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colours and I love how the elongated shapes mimic the cardbase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this unexpected colour combo. I'm not the best with colour combos - it's something I should work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this color combo is pretty wacky! I'd never have put them together, but they look so nice! Another great card; simple but lovely. I'm not getting that set, I'm not getting that set, I'm not getting that set......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these colors. Very clean and simple but has some pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always makes me smile when a mistake turns out to be a HAPPY OPPORTUNITY! Way to go on the result!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another perfectly designed card. Happy accidents are great, aren't they? I really like the color combo; it's quirky and perky. I've resisted getting this stamp set so far (I have a self-imposed moratorium), but may have to at least hint about it as a birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!