Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One-Layer Wednesday #121--Snowy Day

Last week's Cake Wreck blog had a Sunday Sweets that is so perfect for me right now that I just had to make an OLW of it. It's Snowy Day. What do you do on a snowy day? Make a card that represents it...you may use the cakes as inspiration (theme, color, layout, whatever) or come up with your own idea.

As for me, the most fun I've had since we got snow the day after Christmas (and it's still with us, folks!) is watching birds at our feeder. It's set up right outside our front door and visible through the dining room window. Our open floorplan means we see the feeder all the time, and the cardinals have been feeding often, along with house finches, chickadees, and other birds I can't name.

So my Snowy Day card has a cardinal on it, with some glittery snow for good effect.





And yes indeed-y, I colored. Shocking, I know. The colored pencils squealed with delight!


OLW121 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed.

2. Make a card that represents what you do on a snowy day, as per Cake Wrecks' Sunday Sweets from last week. Perhaps you sit inside, drink Russian tea (or wine), and read a book. Perhaps you go sledding or hiking. Whether you sit by the fire and knit or haul out the snow blower, make a card of it.

3. Post that card somewhere on the Internet, and link back to it here using the InLinkz button on the sidebar.

4. Most important rule of all...HAVE FUN!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. This card reminds me of when I was a kid--going out in the snow to scatter bread crumbs for the birds in winter. Love the sparkle you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning and the colouring so good, love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! What stamp did you use for your bird?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the snowy effect. Also... colored pencil! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sparkly boughs and stunning red birds, Susan. I knew immediately what I wanted to do for this when you first posted, but I only got to it yesterday. Since I no longer have snowy days where we live, I simply made colorful snowflakes from that silly place up in my head. Thanks for selling me the tools so I could!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!