Wednesday, April 3, 2013

OLW134--Threesome!

I'm baa-aack.

And so is the One-Layer Wednesday! This week, it's on Ardyth's blog, and it's awesome. Use as many threesomes on your card as you can...three stamps, three colors, three buttons, three images, three whatever. Pop on over to her blog and check out her sample for the challenge. It's a wonderful example of how to use of a larger image!

I have two cards using PTI's Watercolor Wonder set that each contain two threesomes. I could add bling for a third threesome, but I think bling would make them too...Blingy? Busy? unBalanced? Well, whatever B we're talking about, the two cards are fine just the way they are, and I'm lovin' the Watercolor Wonder set for completely flat cards.


Three splatters in three shades of yellow-orange




Three strips in three fabulous colors

A few words about placement on these cards. The sentiment on the first is very tiny, so to draw attention to it, I placed it right next to the edge of the card rather than in the sweet spot about an inch to the left. An unusual placement draws attention to the smallness of the font, as do the happy yellow/orange splatters. All that white space means your eye has nowhere else to go.

The second card uses a larger font and has two lines, so it's not quite as close to the edge as the first, but still closer than I would usually place it. The three strips of color are not in line, but the tips form a triangle that is both playful and anchors the eye on the sentiment. If the tips were in a line, they'd point the eye into the white space...something you might want to do with another sentiment but not with this one.


Click on over to Ardyth's blog and play along!

16 comments:

  1. Love these - great colours and good tips for using small sentiments and drawing your eye to the 'right' place! So glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so quick! And brilliant - these are so vibrant, fun and balanced. I'm still counting to three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Just the right color and stamp choices. Perfect placement. I love how CAS these are. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, love these, they look so easy to make but we know how hard it is! So thank you for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect and so beautifully CAS ... thanks so much for the hints and tips! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, all that white space! I love it. I aspire to something so clean.

    I also can't wait to hear about the Paper Source store. I went to one north of Chicago a few years ago and came very close to losing my mind (my dignity was long gone already). I did get my lone curse-word stamp from them though (a point in their favor).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect,gorgeous cas-card!!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. The small pop of color on each white card is awesome. Love the vibrancy! How I wish I understood design as well as you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those splashes - that set keeps calling out to me : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. Thanks for the ongoing education about design too. I learn a lot from your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really liking the deliberate splatters and unevenness of the stripes. Your design sense is at the tops of my "envy list." One of these days I'm hoping to make a card that even barely approaches the perfection I see in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are CAS to the max, and I'm loving them. I've also loved reading your posts about using old supplies in your stash and being a better buyer...two skills I desperately need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are CAS to the max, and I'm loving them. I've also loved reading your posts about using old supplies in your stash and being a better buyer...two skills I desperately need to work on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!