Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Inspired by Heather Campbell

Heather Campbell published an absolutely adorable card in the recent Card Creations Vol. 12. Isn't it adorable?




Of course it is. It's also beautifully designed, from the subtle ground of hearts behind the not-so-subtle baker's twine to the delightful mix of patterns on the tissue boxes. And the speech bubble with the heart? ADORABLE! And notice how she has three red elements forming a nice triangle (bow, top tissue box, heart). Love how that adds stability and unity to the design.

I recently received an order from Waltzingmouse Stamps with their two feather stamp sets and a freebie because I had to wait so long for the backordered sets (over two months). Thanks, Claire!


I decided to duplicate Heather's layout using a couple of the feathers cut out as Heather did with the tissue boxes. My ground is Text Style from Papertrey and twine (because baker's twine looked busy). Because I lacked the speech bubble (my feathers don't have faces...and their words are the text background anyway), I centered my panel rather than off-setting it as Heather did. Her offset of the mat balances that bubble nicely, but an even mat serves my feathers better.



My card lacks the nice triangle of Heather's card, but the position of the two feathers and the softer colors generate enough unity (in my opinion, at least).

And don't you love how the feathers could have written the text background?

Many thanks to the always inspiring Heather for her card, without which my card would not have been possible!

Supplies
stamps: Waltzingmouse, Papertrey
ink: Hero Arts cornflower blue, soft blue, soft lilac
paper: white 110# card
accessories: dimensions, twine, glue

5 comments:

  1. That is my favourite of all the feather stamp sets I have seen and such a great card. I have to say I prefer yours to Heather's card - tissue boxes don't really do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wedding colors of blue and purple...still cause me to smile almost 28 years later! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the WMS stamps and the owner seems super nice. One of those sets have been on my wish list so I am eager to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design and colors. I love the text border. I may have to CASE your card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!