Friday, May 16, 2014

Blues

Years ago, I bought Papertrey's Simple Alphabet, thinking I would use it all the time.

Barely used it. It's so hard to get all those little, tiny letters lined up perfectly straight!

Now, I'm going to be using it more often. I've grown to appreciate the uneven type look so common on Pinterest and Etsy lately, and I want to be able to customize sentiments more often. This set's tiny type size is perfect for cards.

For today's card didn't even try to get everything all lined up perfectly. Which is a good thing, because I'll be darned if I could pull that off!



I will offer up a complaint about the Simple Alphabet, though. No comma/apostrophe. I had to borrow one from a tiny SU alphabet whose name I no longer have. Very annoying.

This card is destined for Operation Write Home. Sandy has mentioned on a number of occasions that the soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines request more missing you and love you cards than she can provide, so don't be surprised if you see lots of these types of cards in the coming months.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Papertrey Ink
paper: Papertrey
ink: Hero Arts, Memento
accessories: dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Such a unique and appropriate card, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a whimsical and fun card, Susan. The letters look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for OWH! Love the blue stripes, and the uneven text looks just right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!