Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Wrong Made Right

Once upon a time, there was a stamper who loved making pretty things with paper. She made lots and lots of cards to give to her family, her friends, her church, and the warriors who served her country. She was very happy to make paper pretties and give them away.

One day, the stamper was reading a book--one of her favorite pastimes--when she reached mindlessly for her bookmark. Something caught her attention. On the cheap piece of index card, she read a list:

ibuprofen
laundry detergent
dishwasher detergent

"No, no, no!" she exclaimed. "This will not do at all. Not at all!"

So she went to her craft table and made a bookmark for her very own use.



It was simple, as was her style, and when she finished making it, she sighed a happy sigh.

"This is a suitable bookmark for a really good book," she said, and she tucked it into her book, in just the right place.

The End.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (alphabet), Papertrey Ombre Builders (alphabet border)
ink: Memento, Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: SU slot punch, twill tape

18 comments:

  1. .............and the happy stamper one day again scribbled her grocery list on the back of her lovely bookmark (ahem ahem....by mistake) so could do another gorgeous creation:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bookmark and a wonderful story behind it. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice bookmark.

    I love making bookmarks but rarely give them to others as most seem to read ebooks. Bookmarks are so easy to stick into a card too as a little something extra. I do use them myself-- like scarves, I don't think a person can have too many. And they are good for smaller children who still read paper books---at least I think that is the case?? Perhaps people could collect them---like ATC or trading cards?? We could start a movement??? Or not.

    I like that they are a small project with great possibilities. I think I will just ignore that people don't need them for ebooks, stick them in cards anyway. Who know what might transpire? At the least, people may save them as a keepsake or memento. Or they could use the back for a grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making and receiving bookmarks too. I don't know why or how I always end up using a post-it note when I read a real book. I also stick them on my e-reader. Hmm.

    Loved your Doppler card too. Truly zazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun bookmarker! I made a similar one for each of my 5 grandchildren today. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bookmark, can never have enough of those especially if you cant find anything else to hand and have to write on the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHA - too funny! Fabulous bookmark :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!