Sunday, October 5, 2014

More with the Mask

Here's the mask I used for yesterday's card:



And here's today's card, which also uses the mask.


These stylized pine boughs, from the same set as yesterday's leaf branches, are airy and light. Without some sponging , it would look extremely weird. The space must be defined, and so I chose a nice lime green (Hero Arts) to set off the green and red royal (both Hero Arts as well) of the pine boughs and berries. It's a lively holiday combination!

Now, about the sentiment. Underneath the popped panel is the ugliest mess-up I've made in a long time. The only way to save this card was to cover it up. I tried sponging the edges of the popped panel to increase the unity of the card, but honestly, it looked goofy. I much prefer the simple, clean look of a white rectangle.

And the fact it's hiding an ugly mistake is a bonus!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Embellished Elegance, Peaceful Poinsettia (sentiment)
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: mask, sponge, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, Susan! I love the way others cover their boo-boos, it helps me when I make them, also...LOL! Beautiful cards with this mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the mask. The popped up sentiment looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! I LOVE the sponging you do... something I don't do enough of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities for embellishment. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!