Saturday, October 11, 2014

Soft, Cool, Comforting Thoughts

Have you ever noticed how disasters and tragedies happen in clumps? Life perks along for a while with little sadness, and then all the sudden, half your friends are dealing with life-or-death issues.

What really stinks is that there's next to nothing you can do to help people who've put a parent in hospice or have loved ones battling cancer or facing a terminal diagnosis or fading in old age.

Well, we can send cards.

That's something.

I need a fresh stash of thinking of you cards, and here's the first. It's soft, cool, and comforting with gentle blues and greens. And a little bling adds interest. It's going to a friend who just put her father in hospice.


I love the soft colors. Very relaxing. NOTHING about my friend's life is relaxing right now, and this card won't magically fix that. But it will remind her that I'm thinking of her, praying for her, and loving her through this tough, tough thing.



Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Gracious Vases, Keep It Simple Thinking of You
ink: Hero Arts, Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. I hear you Susan, loud & clear. I have depleted my stash of Thinking of You cards more than once already. It was a good year up until July, when my sister on the East Coast, my brother-in-law on the West had emergency surgery for colon cancer on the same day, while DH & I were trying to wrap our heads around his best friend having terminal cancer at 49. You're right, there is not much to be done except let them know you care and have them in your prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully serene card. also love the perfect placement of th images and text and the subtle embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I know what you mean. We have had 2 close family deaths this year and I have this saying going around in my head 'bad things happen in 3s' so I'm kind of waiting... I think no matter that you can do nothing to ease the burden on someone at least they know you care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!