Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Citrus Birthday

The idea of visual triangles floated around in my head, and this card just sort of popped out.



The colors are cheerful and summery, as befits a cold March in Ohio. It's so uplifting to use summer colors at the butt-end of winter! Anyway, by using dye inks (in this case, Memento), the overlap of green and yellow adds a bit of interest to the design. If you use pigment, chalk, or other opaque inks, the overlap will look mostly like the top color rather than a blend.

Hee, hee. She said, "Blend." Oh, yeah. You blend.*

*snort*

This layout is a great way to use those larger sentiments. Too often, mine languish. But this time, the sentiment is front and center!

And Now for Something Completely Different...
Just for fun, I'm going to provide a link to an article on the cutest little animal I'd never heard of...the Ili pika of China. It's extremely endangered, and the awwww factor is epic. George and I saw a lot of pikas while backpacking in the Colorado Rockies years ago, but none of them was anywhere near as cute as this darling creature.

You're welcome!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey 
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: rhinestones

*If you don't get the joke, watch the movie My Cousin Vinny. It's hysterical!

3 comments:

  1. wow i LOVE this card - very catching very you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the sentiment overlaps the circles. I get the joke - My Cousin Vinney is a favorite of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card. Everything about this card. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!