Monday, March 9, 2015

This Idea Came from Somewhere

Have you ever made something from an inspiration piece and then lost the link or pin from which you took the ideas?

Well, I did, with this card. No idea where the source idea is...can't find it on my Pinterest boards (could have sworn it was there!), although it might be like those times I can't find my sunglasses because they are on my head or my car keys because they are in my hand.

I'd blame old age for this, but frankly, I've always been absent-minded. Plus, I'm not old. I'm just prematurely gray.

Anywho, here's my card, which turned out cool because of someone else's packaging design out there on the great wide interwebs. Whoever you are, out there in cyber-land, I really, really appreciate the inspiration. Please forgive my doofus-ness.



The thistles looked a little flat, so I touched them up with a little Wink of Stella. The subtle shimmer helps!

Supplies
stamps: Gina K sentiment, Technique Tuesday thistles
ink: Memento elderberry, black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, Swarovski crystals colored with alcohol markers, Wink of Stella clear brush pen

9 comments:

  1. Susan, this is a wonderful layout! Although the card is almost monochromatic, it gives a very festive impression. Pinning it to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, wherever the idea came from, it's a gorgeous one! Maybe it came to you in a dream?
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card CAS. It has the elements of architecture. Well done. Unfortunately sclerosis is also my best friend and I know well the feeling when I can not recall the author's my inspiration. I hope that we will be forgiven.
    hugs,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that design with the sentiment in the middle of the raised panels! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your design is quite eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love this layout, Susan. Kudos to you, for doing such a wonderful job with it! Love those sparkly thistles!
    Sunshine Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. You might have been inspired by Maile Belles. She has used this split panel design a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maile is amazing, but I know I got my inspiration directly from some product packaging. If I ever find it, I'll acknowledge it.

      It makes me feel good to know that Maile has done this split panel design...my inspiration instincts are good, LOL!!! She truly is one of my favorite designers.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!