Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Inspiration Develops

Often, inspiration takes us in a variety of directions. Over the next few days, I'm going to share three different cards inspired by Dawn Cooper's piece I found on Pinterest:

Source

LOVE this! Love the arrangement of natural images in a loose-but-tidy "random" layout. Love the even border around the random images. Love the all-black color scheme. The kraft band is lovely, too, but I suspected that wouldn't work for me on a card...and was right. It provides a focal point for her book cover, so I had to handle creating a focal point differently.

Now, the first card I made used Papertrey's Springtime Doodles, which ended up being an excellent choice because the images were varying sizes (like Dawn's images). If all the images are roughly the same size, the arrangement settles into a grid, which sort of defeats the purpose of this "organic" and asymmetrical inspiration piece.

Before Bling

That little splash of green makes the sentiment the focal point on this whimsical collage of black line images ("highlighted" the hello with the chisel end of a yellow-green Copic marker). I dragged the edge of the stamped panel on the Memento black ink pad, just to give a tiny bit of definition as the white-on-white didn't quite work.

Cute, but it seemed to be missing something. So I added two spots of green bling to the two bugs in the collage...and got a nifty green triangle.


After Bling

A close-up just because...BLING!


And once again, bling makes everything better. And so does a visual triangle. YAY!!!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Springtime Doodles
ink: Memento black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, rhinestones, Copic marker

4 comments:

  1. Great inspiration and great card! I think I want to try this, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the clean, fresh look....great inspired card mf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the before and after. It's so interesting how small changes on details and placement can make such a difference (on my cards too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!