Friday, May 13, 2016

Cheerful Blessings

My last order contained My Favorite Things Cheerful Blessings set. Here's the first card I made with it. (Well, I think it was the first, but my mind hasn't been as sharp as it should be lately. Sleep really would be nice, don't you think?)




This is the first time I've used ribbon since Galileo said the earth revolved around the sun, or at least it feels that way. First, I glued the sentiment panel to the polkadot panel, then punched two holes with a leather punch and mallet, pushed each end of the ribbon through from front to back so both tails were hanging out the back of the panel. Then, I took one tail and ran it back up through the opposite hole, repeated with the second tail, and trimmed the ends evenly.

And yes, this is the second ribbon attempt because the first ribbon kept getting cut unevenly until I'd "evened it up" to nothing.

Life is all about determination. Or love. Or obsession. Or something like that.

Supplies
stamps: My Favorite Things Cheerful Blessings, Tim Holtz background
ink: Memento black (on background), Memento Luxe black (on sentiment)
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: satin ribbon, dimensional tape, leather hole punch and mallet

10 comments:

  1. Great card, Susan! The red bow adds just the right amount of colour to your wonderful b/w card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, It is so nice to see you trying different things, and this is a stunning example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your red ribbon looks so cheerful with the black and white. This technique will be a great way for me to use my ribbon more! Thanks for explaining how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Cindy. Glad the explanation made sense.

      Delete
  4. Shocked to see ribbon on your card but I like it! Thanks for the advice to purchase gold Delicata ink. I was out shopping and spotted it so I did and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not often I go out on a limb and recommend a product like that, but Delicata is delightful!!!!

      Delete
  5. Think this card is just great so have pinned it....and I was using both silver and gold Delicata tonight and blessing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It seems very cheery to me. I have to tell you a story about evening up the ends. I worked with an Arabic man a great number of years ago. He had the thickest, lush, black mustache. One day he came to work clean shaven. I asked him why? He said my brother tried to trim my mustache; first this side, then that side, then some more here, then there. He smiled and said; I will not ask my brother for help any more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!