Friday, February 2, 2018

Pretty Pearls

When I saw Renee Zarate's card in Stampers' Sampler, I knew I needed to CASify it. (That's clean-and-simplify, for those who don't know my personal lingo.) CASifying involves taking an idea from a more embellished card and making it clean and simple. Sometimes the idea becomes VERY clean and simple.


Card by Renee Zarata in winter 2018 issue of Stampers' Sampler


What caught my eye? Well, this is such a pretty card...I love the softness of it and the creative touches of winged heart, the use of words, and the use of BLING. That fabulous heart with the bling on it...that's what I wanted to base my card on. Oh, my. What a great idea!

So this is what I made.



My heart punches are astonishingly symmetrical, so I couldn't go artsy and asymmetrical like Renee did, but that suited my CAS-lovin' heart perfectly. I added movement with the swishy banner (StampinUp die) and the curve of pearls.



I was so happy to use up almost all those pearls, which have languished in my stash for YEARS. Now they have a home, a purpose, meaning. Yay, pearls!

Have a pearlescent weekend, everyone!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: can't remember
ink: Archival ink
paper: Papertrey white, kraft
accessories: pearls (self-adhesive), StampinUp banner die, dimensionals, heart punch (EK Success)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!