Friday, April 20, 2018

Peace and Love


Today's card uses the Peace stamp from the Inkadinkado set Good News that Eva so kindly gave me. I loved the vertical arrangement and wanted to emphasize it with card orientation and color.


Card Size 6.25" x 3.5"

The shadow stamp was inked with a Hero Arts ombre ink pad so the ombre effect moves side to side rather than top to bottom. Originally, I used a Kaleidacolor blue pad, but the ombre effect went top to bottom (peace descending...a good idea that shouldn't have seen the light of day), and frankly, it looked weird. That's when I got the idea to use the Hero Arts pad instead, and loved the results.

Proof positive that we really need a BUNCH of ink pads. Right? Of course.

Anyway, the panel still needed a little something, so I brushed clear Wink of Stella over the whole thing. The inks are all waterproof, so no worries about smearing.




The shimmer is lovely.

We all need peace in our lives.

-----------------

I shared my son's prom pictures last weekend, but tonight I'm sharing a baby picture and one of his senior pictures (photo credits to my talented photographer husband George). These pictures will run in the slide show at his graduation next month.


Seven months old. That scrunched-up nose was such an adorable--
and frequent--expression.

Eighteen years old. His hair is dark now,
and he loves the snow immoderately.
Love this face so much!

Mercy, grace, PEACE, and LOVE,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Inkadinkado Good News
ink: Hero Arts Ombre, Archival black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Wink of Stella clear brush pen, craft foam, glue

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and great-looking young man (then and now)!
    I agree with you about the stamp pads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and explanation. The side-to-side ombre is lovely with the sentiment. When I'm designing cards, I make many choices of portrait or landscape, horizontal or vertical patterns and elements, parallels or right angles. Not to mention diagonals! Getting it right (to my eye, anyway) makes a big difference and, for me, it needs as much experimenting and thought as my color choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops .. forgot to say ... love your son's pictures, too!

      Delete
  3. Do you ever want to go back there, to that moment in a photo, and hold them tightly in your arms? The older I get the more nostalgic I get. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!