Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Polka Dot Basics, Part 2

If you read the artsy stamping or mixed media magazines, you've seen polka dots in collages. They crop up everywhere, often distressed and textured with pastes and stencils or stamped in distress inks or through off-stamping for a subtler look.

I wanted to give my card the feel of collage but keep my clean-and-simple, one-layer style. The results are blazing hot and happy!



My color choices are warm orange, hot pink, and yellow, with the fun little polka dots in red. The brushstroke stamps of Papertrey's Watercolor Wonders give a lot of movement to the energy provided by the colors, and the abundant white space allows the vivid colors pop magnificently!

So my faux collage doesn't look like the collages in the magazines, but it definitely looks like something I would make.

Your unofficial mid-week challenge is to adapt some element of a different style to your own. Perhaps you usually do collage...try something super-simple with lots of white space. Perhaps you usually make cute cards...try one in an elegant style. Just pick one or two elements of the different style to shake things up. It's fun!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Watercolor Wonders, Polka Dot Basics; can't remember the sentiment set name
paper: Papertrey white
ink: various dye inks
accessories: MISTI

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of revisiting older stamps and using the same stamp for more than one card. Especially when I have the sets :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!